Corporate actions are in its simplest terms actions taken by the corporate. Processing corporate actions relies in-part on having a good understanding of them, the trade lifecycle and position management.
The management of Corporate Actions is a key operational function and many staff joining Corporate Actions departments have little understanding of the activities of their new department. This course begins with an understanding of what corporate actions are and why they happen and takes attendees through the main types, in a logical way, explaining industry jargon along the way.
We discover the:
- Relationship between corporate finance and corporate actions
- The market participants involved in corporate actions
- Discover 50 different types of corporate actions.
- A structured approach in getting to grips with corporate actions.
- The financial instruments affected by corporate actions.
- Understand the reasons for corporate actions (both equity and debt)
- You will learn about the corporate actions resulting from capital restructuring, rewarding shareholders, Debt management, the competitive environment, governance, regulation and tax, Liquidation & default and trading, exercising and processing.
- The processing life cycle
- The event creation process
- The processing flow
- Reporting to participants
- Messaging types, MT564, MT565, MR566, MT567, MT568.
- Target 2 Securities
It is suitable for people working in the securities trade life-cycle or professionals who have to deal with these departments, or wish to expand their securities operations knowledge.
What You Will Learn
You will learn the diversity of corporate actions, and how these corporate actions are processed from announcements through to settlement for mandatory and voluntary events. How the industry operates globally, the risk involved of non-processing, the diversity of market participants and market practices employed. The changes in the industry and Target 2 Securities.
Practice-based learning and critical engagement is a key theme through all of our courses allowing delegates to acquire the needed skills and techniques to be applied as soon as they are learned and developed.
The course material will be available on the day and online, including a discussion forum allowing delegates to raise issues, during or after the training dates.