Profitable, a solid balance sheet, BUT without efficient "Cash & Liquidity management", the company could go into liquidation!
Become an expert in treasury management and learn the skills, the complexity, the core components and recent trends. Treasury management is a vast area within finance and is "The top priority" of managers in this crisis.
20 Reasons why you should follow this course
- Have full insight and control over the cash flow cycle
- Know how and when to act on cash shortages or surpluses
- Understand which roles to undertake on a regular basis
- Know which KPI’s to use to control liquidity.
- Determine solvency and the capacity to borrow.
- Understand the impact of intangible items on solvency
- Understand that the balance sheet does not always reflect "fair value"
- Analyse the cash impact on local fiscal accounting GAAP versus IFRS
- Forecast future cashflows, spot cash shortages, and implement funding strategies!
- Learn the KPI’s of customers, suppliers, and inventory cash inflows or outflows!
- Detect problems on customer, inventory, supplier’s payment cycle, and forecast made.
- Learn the techniques and importance of cash sensitivity and scenario analysis
- Improve liquidity through good working capital practices
- Know which route to take before the cash runs out
- Implement strategies of cash optimalisation on both the asset and the financing side
- Manage the credit department and the implications on the usage of credit ratings and scoring
- Understand the importance of Inflation, Interest rates, foreign exchange on company accounts, and cash balances.
- Detect cash exposures and implement mitigation risk strategies.
- Put procedures in place to follow up cash on a daily, monthly, or quarterly basis.
- Become the expert in managing companywide cashflows
The course and the learning outcome
On this one-day course, you will learn about the role of the treasurer in today’s corporate organisation. We will cover the importance of cash flow statements, cash budgeting, forecasting, treasury systems, and key treasury transactions. One of the expectations of treasurers is to be much more involved in (financial) risk management assessments and to provide risk mitigation. In the course, we will give you a framework and insights that will help you in taking up this role in a confident way. We will also cover the (main) levers in working capital management and provide you with some recent trends in treasury management.
- Financial & Cash reporting.
- The flow of cash. From the balance sheet, through to the Income statement and the cash flow statement
- Cash management roles to undertake to optimise the cash
- How to build a cash budget and forecasting
- Treasury transactions: Physical cash pooling versus notional pooling
- Treasury payment systems in the marketplace
- Financial risk management, the mitigation and the hedging of risks
- Working capital management
- Recent trends in treasury management
Some experience in the treasury is nice-to-have but certainly not required.
Teaching methods (Residential and Online)
Practice-based learning and critical engagement is a key theme through all our courses allowing delegates to acquire the needed skills and techniques to be applied as soon as they are learned and developed.
Either Online tutor-led or residential, this course will be taught using a combination of formal instructions, combined with practical and interactive exercises and case studies used to reinforce the concepts taught in each section of the course.